rengel
How can I tell if a link has a note?
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
rengel,

Thank you for posting. If you do not have a link currently selected, you can easily hover over any and a note will display in the notes field if one exists.

Regards,
rengel
You can't be serious. If I have say 50 links in a window I shall play 'hide and seek'?
I was wondering if there was any hint, from which I can tell, if a link has a note.

pthompson
rengel,

Sorry, I understood your question as a more general scenario. I will send this over to our developers for further consideration.

At this point, there is no official indicator when a link has a note however, as a temporary solution, when you create a link with a note you can also add a label to it in the Link tab (tools area) with any symbol or text of your choosing to indicate that it has a note. Most of the time, users simply add a label that has some relavence to the note itself, however, something as simple as a '+' can be used to indicate a note is present.

Example:

rengel
Patrick,

Thank you, that's a reasonable solution.

HeinrichUnger

There is a setting to get an hint if a Thought has notes - could this be enhancend to links to?

pthompson
Heinrich,

Thank you for your input. Yes, this is the feature Reinhard is requesting and will be forwarded to our developers.

Regards,
Spacenexus

Despite the manual add link-label workaround, the sooner we can have a link-note indicator similar to the thought-note indicator the better. Am starting to appreacite the value of link notes so this will be very useful.

Thanks for putting this in the pipe asap.

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
mcaton
Thank you Jim - I've 'refreshed' the request for a Link Notes indicator to our engineers.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software