asexymind
YES! new to 7.0.2.2

love that I can create notes on a link - somehow. How does one do this?

I try right-clicking on the link, choosing "open notes window" 
window title has <thought><link title><connecting thought>
- then typing text and saving text. 
close window,
 repeat - no text.

Also, is there an accelerator so I don't have to right click/choose to see open/read the notes I put on a link (after I figure out how to get it to save?)

Thanks!

--
Mark Michael Lewis | The Profitability Coach
http://GameOfThriving.com | Mark@TheThriveCoach.com
zenrain
Click on a link to activate it, then type the notes in the regular notes window. It will appear on mouse-over or when selecting that link. However, when you use the notes shortcut when the link is highlighted it opens the notes window from one of the thoughts, not the notes link. You found a bug!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
asexymind
I rock! ;-) - Thanks ZR!

Hmmmm ...
I click on a link, it highlights, everything else fades
I write some notes in the notes section
I click on the plaques, the link on highlights, the notes disappear
I rollover the link, it highlights, nothing happens in the notes section still empty
I click on the link, it highlights, everything else fades, the notes section is still empty
it seems my notes are lost

Am I still on the "bug" track, or am I missing something?

Windows 7x64 sp1, brain 7.0.2.2
--
mcaton
You should be able to see the Note again when you click on this link. 

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
I can't replicate the note disappearing after I click away, mine stay put. 
The note also appears when I rollover a link, which is a bit strange if it's not supposed to. Maybe I have the super-secret beta version (although it says 7.0.2.2)?
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Alex,

Notes are viewable when hovering over a link. This is normal. They work the same as notes on a Thought.

Mark,

Are you only encountering this issue on Link Notes? Does this occur if you attempt to add Notes to a Thought?
mcaton
Just to clarify... you can turn the hover feature on and off by going to Preferences > UI > Update tools on highlight of Thoughts and links.  Make sure the box is checked if you want to see the notes when hovering over the link.

Thanks,
Matt
asexymind
OK. it is a bug in my system then.
I cannot get the notes on the link to "stick" by hover or click.
my preferences are set by update on hover.
I have not activated the "pro" version with my activation code - could that be it?
Mark
win 7x64 sp1, brain 7.0.2.2-b, j-1.6 0_30.

--
pthompson
Mark,

There's no need to register TheBrain 7 beta, as it is still in beta so the Pro features are automatically available. Perhaps we can go over this in person to see what the issue might be. Please feel free to email us at support@thebrain.com if you would like to set up a one-on-one web meeting to go over this issue.

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software