davidh88
Can I link a Thought in one PB to a Thought in another PB?

I am not meaning linking PB's.

I have a Master PB called "Master Plan".  This is where I do all my thinking and linking.  When I get a client project I create a new PB and link to it.  This is so I can export the client PB and post it on a web subdomain so my client's can access it (I use htadmin to password protect the siteBrain).

Often I have a client throught that links back to a thought in either my Master Plan or into another client project PB.  I don't want to copy Thoughts, just jump to exactly that thought in the Master PB.

Any ideas?

Also it would be cool to be able to open a PB in a new applcation rather than closing the current PB and opening the link.  A bit like "Open link in new tab" instead of "open in parent window."

David
David
zenrain
No, there is no way to do this. However, please visit UserVoice and add your vote, it's currently #2 on the request list.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Darkstar
At this time, you can only link between brains, not individual thoughts.

However, it might be possible for one of the macro experts to write a macro that would allow you to auto-open a brain, and have it then jump to the GUID of a listed thought in that brain.  That would seem like a reasonable thing to someone who knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the free macro/hotkey utility that has gained popularity on the forum.
-Darkstar
Darkstar

I run multiple instances of Personal Brain very often. AFTER the initial opening of PB, the rest are fairly quick, taking just a few seconds to 10 seconds for large brains.

-Darkstar
ybourgui
Do you know how to link brains together?
Thanks,
Jose.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software