tlmurray
I have a brain (call it B1) with about 15 thoughts, and they are mostly A to B to C and so on.  I took another brain B2, selected a thought in its midst (call it B2T), and did a merge of B1.

PersonalBrain connected the child gate of B2T to the parent gate of the third thought of B2.

While it would be cool to have a feature where you could select which thought's parent gate was the target, I would think that by default, it would simply start at the top of B2.
Moe
tlmurray, Thank you for the post and welcome to the forum. I was not able to replicate what you describe. Here are my steps. The Thought that is active when you do the merge is where the merge will occur.
  1. Created Brain B1 with 15 Thoughts A through O.
  2. Created Brain B2 with 4 Thoughts 1,2,3 and B2T.
  3. Selected B2T in Brain B2, then did a merge by going to File > Merge Brain selecting B1.brain.
  4. In B2 under the Thought B2T I now have child Thought B1, which contains the 15 other children A-O.
Perhaps there is something else here that is throwing PB off.

Best regards,
Moe

tlmurray
I zipped two test brains into a file and attached them. 

Open Play brain, and select the "A" thought, and merge the Outbound brain. In my case, the A links to the parent gate of the third thought of Outbound, instead of the first thought. Thanks.
Moe
Aha, your last active Thought in "outbound.brain" must have been the third Thought then . Try the following.
  1. Open "outbound.brain" then activate the first Thought.
  2. Close "outbound.brain".
  3. Open "Play.brain" and select Thought "A".
  4. Select File > Merge Brain then select "outbound.brain".
Best regards,
Moe

tlmurray
You should add this to the documentation as a feature, "how to choose the thought you will link to after a merge".  Thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software