frankbusch
I have assigned a link type to have a general direction. Example: author (link) wrote > (link) book. When I assign this link type to other existing links in the brain the direction is sometimes reversed to show: author (link) < wrote  (link) book
Harlan

TheBrain does not know which direction the link is supposed to point. The direction that appears is based on which way the link was drawn when it was first created. So in some cases you drew from author to book and in other cases you did not. Once you apply the link type, you will have to set the direction as appropriate.

Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Ahhh, that makes sense. I couldn't figure out how it was defining the direction on link types as it seems to go different ways on different thoughts.

One way to handle this would be that > always points to the child, and < always points to the parent. Except that this would be a bit confusing on jump thoughts. So I'll shut up.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
frankbusch
Now I understand, thanks Harlan. Although zenrain's comments about the jump direction make sense I would still welcome if I could define a general default direction for a link type. This would eliminate the extra work step  of  setting the direction for a majority of pre-defined links. Just a thought...
frankbusch
Sorry to be a pest about the link direction. I have a couple of hundred links of the author > wrote > title variety. When I created them I mostly drew the link from book to author. All these links now point in a wrong direction...title > wrote > author...is there any way to change all at once or do I have to change them all manually?

Thanks, Frank
Harlan
The easiest thing to do would be to change the link text to "was written by".
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software