ratthing
OK, so clearly I am missing something.  But I can't for the life of me figure out how to easily create an attachment in a thought that simply opens up Finder on a Mac to a particular folder. 

I even tried an attachment that was just small shell script with /usr/bin/open /path/to/my/stuff. 

What does work is to enter a file:// URL.  If that's the only way, OK.  But I was wondering if there is an easier way.

I really need to map content on a hard drive to parts of my v9 brain, so this would be very helpful.

Thanks!
pthompson
Just drag and drop the folder from Finder onto a Thought or onto the Plex to create a new Thought. Make sure you have Link to dropped files selected in Preferences > UI > Content if you only want to link to the folder.
ratthing
Thanks, Patrick.  Is there a way to create a link in the plex or attachments area when you have settings to copy or move files on drag n drop?
dbrunelle
In the new version, will the files (virtual thoughts) in the linked folder be indexed.
pthompson
ratthing wrote:
Thanks, Patrick.  Is there a way to create a link in the plex or attachments area when you have settings to copy or move files on drag n drop?

There's currently no way to do this but the Shift and Control modifiers for dragging are a documented issue.

dbrunelle wrote:
In the new version, will the files (virtual thoughts) in the linked folder be indexed.

There are no Virtual Thoughts in TheBrain 9. Just imported, dragged/dropped or linked to folders.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software