MikeA
PB does a great job of linking an external file to multiple Thoughts. However, I have not been able to link an internal file to multiple Thoughts. Is this not implemented?

We want to link internal files for the same reasons we link to external files. (One file to update, and you won't chew up brain space with multiple copies.)

Implementing an internal link should be almost the same as for external files. The only difference is the "Location" column of an internal linked attachment probably should display "Internal - <Source Thought Name>" instead of the actual physical file path.

Enhancement Request: Add a "Paste as Link" context menu option for the Attachments window. It would be useful for internal and external file linking.

Thanks.
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Harlan
This was not done due to the many complications it presents in handling attachments. We may enable this at a future date, but for now it is not possible.
Regards,
-Harlan
rengel
I don't quite understand the issue. I don't have problems to link one internal file to as many other thoughts as I like. Maybe we are talking about different procedures. Here is what I mean:
  1. I create a new thought, say 'Internal File'. Then I Ctrl+Drag+Drop whichever file I want to store inside the brain onto this new thought.
  2. Then I right click on the new thought and 'Open Thought Folder' where I see the imported file.
  3. From there (the Open Thought Folder), I then can Drag+Drop (without Ctrl) this file to whatever loaction I want, as often as I want thus creating any number of children (links, or if you want: pointers) to the imported file without duplicating its content. Everything within one brain!
  4. So, where's the problem?

Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
Harlan
The method you describe is a workaround that isn't technically a problem, but isn't enabled specifically by the software. We're planning on something a little more intuitive and better managed for the future...
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software