doncallihan
I'm new at this, so appreciate your patience.
Is there a way to move/link from one brain to another directly, other than use of a pin to launch the second brain. What I'd like to do is to click on a thought that represents a separate brain and go directly to that brain.
jostber
We would really like this one.

http://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-personalbrain/suggestions/70766-linking-brains?ref=title

We will never know when it will arrive, because the Brain team as a rule keep silent about when and what developments that might be coming.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
tleister
Are we there yet????

I have worked out how to do Stakeholder mapping in a brain and ideally would like to link that as a thought to a project belonging to a client in my Main Brain.

Any does how I can achieve this while we wait for the next..... release?

Terry L
Brisbane, AU
zenrain
Without using AHK or some other Macro solution, my recommendation would be to create a link to your other brain file (ends with .pb) and in the notes, type the GUID you want the thought to link to.
You can get this from the details tab.

From your other brain you can then copy the GUID to the clipboard, click the link to your other brain and then paste the GUID in instant search and hit enter.

Yes, it's a wee bit messy, but without automation it's currently the best way to do it.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software