bryan
Ok, at first I thought I was going crazy.  My brain has grown quite a bit over the years.  There are many sections that I don't get to for periods of time.

One of the things I try to do every several months or so is to go through my brain, prune things, reorganize and in general, clean house.

I went to a portion of my brain which has links to file folder locations on my pc.  Low and behold, the links to the folders are "gone".  The thought is still there, but the links to the folders are gone.

At first I thought that maybe I created some of these thoughts and didn't link them.  But after poking around a bit.  All of my links to folders are gone.  Don't know when it happened, but they're simply not there.

Along those lines, if I remember right, in some previous version, when you linked on a folder, then selected that thought, PB built a "file structure" under that thought, showing the folders available if there were folders withing the folder attached to the though.  PB no longer does that for me.  I tried to re-link some of these folders and I simply get the folder icon.  If I click on that, I get an Windows file window that pops up.  But that "file system structure" within the brain is gone.

Any thoughts on what's happening here???

Moe
Hi Bryan, Thank you for the post. From your post it looks like you may have had the option to "Show virtual Thoughts for folders" turned on previously and now it is off, therefore you are not seeing a visualization of your folder structure in your Brain.  Also, I believe when you turn this setting on and move folders around in your OS then the virtual folder that appeared in the past in the Plex will not show up since you moved the folder to another location in your file system.  You can turn on virtual Thoughts  by going to Options > Preferences > UI, then checking "Show virtual Thoughts for folders".

Best regards,
Moe

bryan
Hi Moe,

Thanks for the reminder.  Yes, that was it.  I had forgotten there was a setting for that in the options.....but, conversely, I did not change that....so something inone of my recent installs must have changed it upon installation.  I looked at the forum and saw that others have complained that "update" installations have reset some of their options.   Seems like that is what must have happened here.

Thanks again,

Bryan
Moe
Hi Bryan, Thanks for posting. I see what you'r saying.  I will try to test this here in our lab to see if perhaps this maybe happening upon updating installations.

Best regards,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software