wordmuse
I had to reinstall TheBrain. When I did, the only option available to me was to open a new brain. There was no menu item for accessing the online server. So I did the only thing I could and created a new brain. Then there was an option to log in to TheBrain.com website. Once there, I saw the brain that I am working with and opened it just fine. This is cumbersome. I'd like there to be a showing of "recent files" on the File menu. I'd like to be able to click the file of choice and open it - even without an internet connection.

Please?

~ Bal
metta
+1
nick
This is likely due to not being logged in. Brains are associated with the accounts they are created with, and are hidden when you are logged out with the idea that a PC with multiple users should only have access to the Brains they are authorized to view. 

This is the reason why there are no 'recent files' or 'recent Brains' options.
metta
@nick ~
nick wrote:
This is likely due to not being logged in.
This is exactly the issue. We need to be able to access our local brains without having to login. This is especially important when Internet access may not be available.

I'm not sure how the privacy issue can be addressed, but not being able to access local brains without a login is not good.
nick
You don't actually need an internet connection to login to your account as long as you have logged into it at least once before on that computer. With that being said, if the desire to eliminate hiding Brains associated with accounts that aren't currently logged into the Brain is strong enough, I can certainly document it as a feature request. 
metta
@nick ~
nick wrote:
You don't actually need an internet connection to login to your account as long as you have logged into it at least once before on that computer.
Well, that's interesting....Not quite sure how this works (and I don't really need to know the ins-and-outs of it all), but it does address my concern about local brain access. Thanks for the clarification, Nick.

However, this might not be sufficient for Bal, since I think for him this may have been a convenience issue.

@wordmuse ~ Your thoughts? 
wordmuse
How  do I log in without an internet connection? I have logged in when I've had one, but I don't see how to log in when I'm not online.
nick
Click the Avatar icon in the upper right corner and select the username associated with your account. This will open the login window where you can enter your login details and see your Brains
wordmuse
OK - cool. When I get a chance I'll give it a try. If it works as indicated, my issue is largely handled.  Thanks, Nick and Metta. 

~ Bal

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software