bkonia
I'd like to request a Lock Tab option in the tabs context menu. This would work similarly to web browsers that offer the feature. When a tab is locked, a lock symbol would appear at the right side of the tab. If the user then activates a different thought, the activated thought would automatically open in a new tab.
sibleyd
I think the locked tab should act like any other tab however a double click or right click menu item takes you back to the "home" thought for that locked tab
sibleyd
I would also like each locked tab to have it's own "recent list," it's own "pins," and it's own tab color and title possibly other things so it is a separate working environment.
bkonia
I think these issues require some more thought.
  1. Your concept of a per-tab home thought is good, but that's a separate issue from tab locking. Tab locking should work as I described, but I propose that the toolbar Home icon navigate to the first thought that was opened in that tab. Furthermore, from the thought context menu, you should be able to manually set a thought as the tab's home thought. This could be an optional setting in preferences, so users who prefer the current global home button behavior can still have that.
  2. Each tab already has its own past thought list.
  3. I disagree about having tab-specific pins, as that would become too confusing and defeat the purpose of pins. The whole point of pins is that they're global, providing instant access to your most-used thoughts. With local pins, you'd be constantly switching around to different tabs to find the pin you're looking for. Also, you can have tabs open from multiple brains, so if you want a unique environment for each tab, that's already possible, by creating a separate brain for each environment.
  4. I think the current behavior of the table title matching the title of the activated thought is correct. Again, if you want to create a fixed tab title, that's possible by opening a separate brain in the tab and disabling the Hide Brain Name in Tabs option. In that scenario, each tab would display the name of the brain, followed by the name of the activated thought.
@mcaton, in looking at these issues, I discovered a problem with the toolbar navigation buttons. It seems each time you switch to a different tab, the navigation history is reset. Even though each tab maintains its own past thought list, when you switch to a different tab, then switch back to the original tab, the back/forward navigation history is lost. 
sibleyd
Maybe, the first row are global pins and a second row is for tab specific pins (or the tab specific pins could be placed on the left or right)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software