GaryW
For the past 2 days I've had issues being locked out of my account. When I try to login, I get "This account has been locked. Please reset your password."

When it happened yesterday, I reset the password and was able to reconnect. The account locked problem occurred again this morning. However, after changing my password, I am still locked out.  

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Tyler Walker at support@thebrain.com is aware of the problem.
We see the world not as it is but as we are.
shatcher
Hi Gary,

After resetting your password, did the desktop app ask you to login again? If not, please logout and then login again.

I have documented this as a bug, and asked our engineers to review the process.
GaryW
Hi, Sean. Yep, used the same logout and login process that allowed me to reconnect yesterday. However, didn't work today.

I hope the fix is quick. I was scheduled to do a demo showing how I use TB to some colleagues but embarrassed that I can't login.
GaryW
I haven't seen any official notice that the problem was fixed. Every hour I check to see if I can log back into my account. Yesterday I  was able to somehow log back in and continue working with TB10.

This morning, back to the account being locked out. Fortunately I was able to reset my password and get back in. So it seems there is a workaround until the problem is permanently resolved. I'll hold off demo'ing TB until I get the official word.
mcaton
Gary,

Thank you for the update. If you attempt to log in to your account with an incorrect password, you'll be locked out after the 5th attempt.  It may seem like a silly question, but are you trying to log in (in any environment - iphone, android, web client or desktop) with the wrong password?  Even if you attempt to log in with the wrong password just a single time, and then get locked, please let us know as this may help us troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you,
Matt
GaryW
Hi, Matt. To avoid the problem of using an incorrect password and getting locked out after 5 attempts, I have been resetting the password with the existing password.

Yesterday I was locked out of my iPad. So I reset the password and got back in. Since I was using the same password again, I encountered no locked out issues on my other devices (iPhone, Mac).
mcaton
Thanks for the update Gary. Glad to hear that you are no longer locked out.  We'll do some additional testing in this area to make sure everything is working properly.

Matt
Steven
I get this problem all the time. Especially when using the BrainBox browser plugin and when changing IP addresses using a VPN.
The browser plugin is really terrible at remembering the logon id and password anyway, requiring a fresh logon and then sometimes locking me out which requires generating a password change from the webpage.
mcaton
Steven,

Thank you for posting and sharing this scenario.  I'll add this element to our testing list and take a closer look.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software