eolach Show full post »
Moe
@JP,

The problem being reported in this thread has to do with Thought Type icons not displaying in a Brain after opening a Brain from a Brainzip. Is this the issue you are running into? If you are using DropBox to sync your Brain between computers and are experiencing a problem with Thought Type icons not displaying, that is another problem. Please note that we do not recommend the use of DropBox to sync Brains between computers as it can cause all kinds of issues (Brain corruptions etc..) if not used correctly.

@All,

Regarding the issue at hand (Thought Type icons not displaying after opening a Brain from a Brainzip). Please note that we are working on this issue.

Thanks,
Moe

jpbogers
Dear Moe,

I actually have this problem after sync with dropbox. You state that you don't recommend dropbox, this is Ok for me, how should I sync according to you as syncing through webbrain is not working.... I use Dropbox, zumodrive and MobileMe, I never have problems with dropbox in other programs....

Jp
Harlan
We are attempting to replicate and fix any problems with syncing via WebBrain as quickly as possible. Version 6.0.2.3 fixes all of the outstanding issues that we were able to replicate so far.

Unfortunately, PersonalBrain cannot be synced without risking corruption of the database unless you use the WebBrain service. I will post a note shortly explaining why this is the case and more about how sync works.
Regards,
-Harlan
eolach
Release notes for PB6.0.2.4 mention a fix to lost icons in typed thoughts in the context of BrainZips
Quote:
Fixed: Sometimes icons don’t appear on typed thoughts after opening a BrainZip until the Brain is closed and re-opened

This fix may have been intended to address another issue, whereas this thread has been about icons lost in the Thought Types themselves.  The icons for the thought types in the Thought Type Window and the Thought Type context menu are still disappearing on transfer through BrainZip.
If this particular problem is still under investigation, please ignore this "heads up."

Neil
eolach

The latest release (6.0.3.5) has restored the lost thought type icons.  Well done and thank you for your persistence in trackng this down.

Neil

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software