melitabel
Is there a way to take a whole section of an existing brain and make a new brain from it?  It has several levels.  I selected and copied the first level of thoughts, using the gate, but I would have to repeat that many, many time to grab everything that's there.  I am sure there's a way to do this, but I can't find it.  Many thanks.
Less judgement, more curiosity
Darkstar
Sure.

Create new brain.

Go back to original brain, select the thoughts you want to copy. If all the thoughts are children of one thought, you can conveniently grab them up by using the "Crawl Brain and Modify Select" under Edit menu, select "Add to selection", check childward, set the do not exceed X clicks away, press ok.

Once everything is in the selection box (you can manually put thoughts in the selection box by CONTROL+CLICK on them), right click on the selection box to get the context menu, select "Copy Thoughts", and go over to your new brain, and paste them in.

If you have MANY MANY MANY MANY thoughts, it might be easier to just copy the brain, and remove the excess thoughts that you don't need from the copy.

The safest way to copy a brain is to brainzip it, rename the brain, then open the brainzip of the original, restoring the contents of your original brain back to its original name.
-Darkstar
melitabel
Thanks, Darkstar, it worked perfectly, and I never would have figured out that that's what "Crawl Brain and Modify Selection" could do.
Less judgement, more curiosity

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software