KenBlackman
"Paste without formatting" exists! Eureka! I didn't know this and for months have been aggravated that it was missing.

It's critical for so much of what I do—when I paste from an external source it nearly always has styling or formatting, and I almost never want that.*

Without it, I've been pasting and then manually going in and character by character stripping out the unwanted markdown.

Now that I know Paste without formatting exists, I've been using it and added a keyboard equivalent for it, and that's great.

But I think this action is important enough to warrant a place in the Edit menu. Just so people know it can be done.

--

(*Even more ideal would be to paste with some of the formatting, and I'll write a separate feature request with details.)
metta
+1 for "Paste as Clean HTML"
KenBlackman
Or "Paste as Text"
Xavier
Personally, I use the "PureText" tool. It does the job very well, and works not only with TheBrain, but also with all other software!
The link :
https://stevemiller.net/puretext/
mcaton
Thanks for posting.  I'll document your feature request for the design and engineering team to review.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Paste Without Formatting has been added to the Edit Menu in build 11.0.76 (now available on Alpha Channel)

Thank you,
Matt
KenBlackman
Fantastic, thanks!
mcaton
There is also now a preference in Preferences > Notes Tab to make Paste Without Formatting the default option (over the normal Paste)

Matt
KenBlackman
Great! I just flipped the switch. I see "Paste Alternate" in they keyboard mappings as well. 👍👍
mcaton
Thanks for confirming! 😃

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software