sandysantra
Has manual sorting of topics been added yet?  Or something similar?  This would be for Thoughts, of course.

I'm still adding 01, 02, 03, 04, etc. before thoughts in order to control the sorting of them, so I'm hoping that manual sort will be added at some point.

Just wondering what the progress on this is.

Thanks.

SamCox
At UserVoice, I suggested sorting by thought label as a means of manually sorting thoughts. It should be straightforward for the PersonalBrain team to implement.
-- Sam

JJS
Quote:
At UserVoice, I suggested sorting by thought label as a means of manually sorting thoughts. It should be straightforward for the PersonalBrain team to implement.

Sorting by thought label will prove insufficient. Each thought has only one label, but appears as the child of multiple parents. It must be sortable on unique criteria in each of these different contexts.

Sorting is, to me, an attribute of the node, not of the active brain. For any thought, there should be a right-click that lets the user sort children by whichever criteria are presently available to the full brain, and manually as well.

Brain would need, internally, an additional table keyed to the combo of parent and child. The child is assigned a multi-alpha sort-weight in the context of that parent, and sorts on that basis if "Manual Sort" has been chosen for the parent. If drag-and-drop is unprogrammable, then let the child have a right-click "Move Up" and "Move Down" which sets its sort-weight to halfway between its immediate predecessors or successors.

Lists very often need to be sequential, and Brain's inability to display any Thought's Children in an order of our choosing is a major shortcoming. Here's hoping for 5.1.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software