mctrexler
If I want to create a version of a Brain without the 8,000 PDFs in my master version of the Brain, is there any problem with doing a mass delete within Explorer.  Could I then just generate new indexes in the new Brain?  Or will the Brain get confused for some reason that it wouldn't if deleting the PDFs one by one within the Brain?

Thanks,

Mark
zenrain
I don't think so. I believe if you do the opposite, add files to TheBrain using explorer then they won't be indexed, they have to be added using TheBrain UI to be read, but when I've deleted files using Finder/Windows explorer it detects they've gone and is just fine.

However, if you sync TheBrain using WebBrain, I'm not sure if it will read the changes or not. If this is a synchronized database it would be worthwhile to make a brainzip, restore to a different location and then change the GUID, sync and then delete the files, sync again and see what happens.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mctrexler
Thanks!  After deleting all the files I'll be generating a new GUID and then syncing that "new" Brain to the web for the first time.  So will avoid the issue you're raising. 

Mark

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software