dcb_oz
Despite the subject line I'm not bragging. Since yesterday my brain.h2.db file has grown from 1.39GB to 41.37GB. I picked up the difference because Time Machine backups on the Mac were suddenly much larger.

Apart from the usual use, the only unusual thing I did yesterday afternoon was select 80 thoughts and delete them.

Any ideas? This is not a sustainable file size.

Running 7.0.1.3-b on Mac OS X Lion

Regards,

David
dcb_oz
With no idea what caused this, and an unworkable system, I have reverted to a backup. Hopefully it won't grow the same way.
mcaton
David,

Thank you for posting.  We'll try and replicate this scenario here.  Any chance you saved the Output.log file before you rolled back?

Thanks,
Matt
dcb_oz
Attached is the output log from the TheBrain.app which was backed up at the same time as the massive file.
dcb_oz
I've managed to reproduce this error. Two nights ago I ran a report searching for Orphan thoughts. Hours later I killed The Brain as it had "apparently" locked up. I just ran the same report then and watched the brain.h2.db file start to grow.

Checked the log file and the last thing in it was a large SQL statement (presumably the Orphan report). Stupidly I started The Brain which reset it! 

In my view, its the Orphan report which is the culprit.
mcaton
Thank you for the additional feedback and the output.log file.  We'll continue our testing.

Thank you,
Matt
dcb_oz
I've just retested this to the same result. A file starting at 107mb, growing to 1.15gb over the space of < 10 minutes with no sign of abating.
Spacenexus

I hope this gets addressed soon. I have prob hundreds of orphan or disconnected orphan urls from the early v7 bug that failed to attach urls to thoughts. I have a feeling these are possibly interrelated.

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software