jroeterd
Hello,

I would have added this here http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1735621&highlight=memory but this thread is already closed.

I see a very big difference in memory usage between using PB with float or auto-hide enabled.

When auto-hidden (my default) PB is using a very stable 80, 90 or sometimes 110 Mb. No matter when it is hidden or on-screen (using it). The Mb usage is about the same. No memory is freed when PB is hidden to the side of the screen.

When using the float option from the Windows Menu the memory is also about 70, 80 or sometimes 110Mb. Then I minimze the application because I want to use a different application (Minimize!!!, not selecting a different application to be in front of PB) and the memory is dropping to 16Mb and quickly (5 seconds) going up to 22Mb. Then PB's memory use is growing to 37Mb in 5 minutes, 43Mb in 10 minutes and 47Mb in 30 minutes (not using the application, but working on the computer).

I have 2 questions about this:
1. In my view, minimizing to taskbar or auto-hiding PB to the side of the screen are the same. You remove the application from screen reducing it to a minimum (PB logo or taskbar). Why the big difference in memory release?

2. When minimized, memory should stay roughly the same. A little grow seems fair (the application must settle being minimized) but from 22Mb to 47Mb in 30 minutes seems wrong.

I did not found this 'problem' reported before so I thought I would mention it.

Greetings,
Jeroen Roeterd

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software