andreas
It happened to me repeatedly that I discover 2 thoughts that have grown in different areas of the brain but are basically identical. Having an easy way to merge these two thought into one would be useful.
I now make jump thoughts between the two and then reshuffle all the links. Quite some gardening if there are many links...
pthompson
Andreas,

You can simply link all Child Thoughts of one area into the other. This type of functionality exists already and is one of the major aspects that makes TheBrain great; Dynamic information management. We just had a Brain 202 webinar yesterday that describes this type of reorganization.
andreas
Dear Patrick

Yes, I know this functionality. It's just that I had two equal thoughts linked by a jump-connection and thought it would be nifty if I could simply drag one thought on top of the other to merge the two. [smile]
Tracy
Hi Andreas,
Thanks for that suggestion, that would be pretty cool! Similar to what Patrick mentioned, I like using the selection box to unlink a group of Thoughts at once from the duplicate Thought and then you can just delete the extra Thought after all Thoughts have been moved. 2 quick steps. [smile] You are probably aware of using the Selection box, but just in case here's a quick tutorial 

http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/changing-relationships/mass-select/

Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software