deutschblitz
Am I the only one who has noticed that the connection lines between nodes can become EXTREMELY intrusive and make the text labels of the nodes very hard to read. I would prefer to have the option to not display those lines. Who needs them anyways? We know in which part of the screen children, parents and jump nodes are displayed...it's not like we would have to guess.

Anyways, I don't mean to just complain. I obviously really like your software, otherwise I wouldn't take the time to try and help improve it. Hopefully, some of these requests can be looked after soon.
COMPUTERHLP
Understood.  Perhaps as a workaround for you (until a better resolution) - You could try changing the 'Default' Link Properties and select narrowest line width @ 0.5 and change the color to something very pale to blend into your background (if you'll need to read Link Labels, set the labels text in higher contrast is necessary.)
This may help ease the visual 'intrusiveness' and 'distraction', especially when heavily inter-linked views begin to look spaghettified.
COMPUTER.HLP
deutschblitz
Thanks for the quick response. I can see how to do it for one link but SELECT ALL doesn't seem to work. This would have to be an option, to change color for ALL links...or just disable visibility of links, otherwise I will grow pale from endlessly clicking.
COMPUTERHLP
If you create a New link type with these suggested attributes, then you can apply it to all new links going forward.  But alas, as you've noted, it can't change all older links in one action.  Your suggestion for an option to toggle off all links is a good idea.
COMPUTER.HLP
deutschblitz
Looks like LINK TYPE is a pro feature. But good to know there is a workaround.
rengel
... Who needs them anyways? We know in which part of the screen children, parents and jump nodes are displayed...it's not like we would have to guess.

So, what if a thought has multiple parents each with multiple children. Then you wouldn't be able to tell from the list on the right which child belongs to which parent, you wouldn't be able to tell if parents, children, or jumps are linked to each other, and you wouldn't be able to tell if a thought and a jump thought, have common parents or children.

There might be reasons why things are how they are...
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
zenrain
The Brain > Brain Theme (or right-click the flex and choose Brain Theme). Change Links and Highlighted links to something close to, or matching your background. See Screenshot for example. Links.png 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 10.0.54
deutschblitz
@Reinhard
I think you might be referring to the pro version where nodes can be displayed on the right side. In the free version, the position gives away what we are dealing with - jump nodes on the left, parents on top, children below and siblings of the parent on the right. So having the option to hide the lines in between would be a nice feature depending on how you are viewing your brain. I would like to stick to the original view of the brain just without the lines.
rengel
@deutschblitz
I'm using the Pro version. On the right side the children (not the siblings) of the parents are shown. In this regard, there is no difference between the free and the Pro version. I understand your argument about the clutter. But you lose information about links between jumps, parents, or children, if the links are hidden.
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
deutschblitz
I suppose you're right. It wouldn't be ideal.
mcaton
I agree that changing colors (links to match the background) is your current best option. But I'll document a request for a universal line thickness setting, the lowest being 0.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software