rengel
Sometimes I create a message, that I want to post in this forum, first as a note in PB. But copying and pasting the message from 'Notes' into this very window doesn't work. I can copy the text from one note to another, from one note into Notepad, but not into THIS WINDOW.

Though the other way around, copying text from this window into a note in PB, does work.

Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
mbaas
Are you using Firefox?  I have just tried to replicate this with FF (my favourite browser) and it didn't work, exactly as described.
In IE, however, it works fine.

I was also able to get it to work in FF by removing some of the formats of that clip (URL and JAVA_DATAFLAVOR). So I think this is more a FF-Problem than a Brain-Issue. But maybe there could a feature in PB to "copy as text/html" which would not create the additional data-formats.
rengel
I'm using Firefox, and I only used plain text, no formatting.

mbaas
OK, so then it is more a FF (Firefox)-issue than a Brain-issue. But maybe Harlan can consider the suggested enhancements which would solve the problem.

Meanwhile, if you want a quick solution, try Clipmate with its possibility to edit clipboard-items and then Edit|Strip out non-text formats.

rengel
Thanks for the Clipmate tip, but I don't need this functionality very often und thus don't want to look into still another tool.

BTW: I don't think it's a FF problem. The people, who open a forum, should make sure that their forum software works with the main browsers.

zenrain
Seems to be an issue with this forum, since I tried a different forum and pasting worked.

Currently using FireFox 2.0.0.7
Windows XP
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
rengel
You mean another forum outside 'TheBrain Technologies'?

zenrain
That's correct.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
kshue
I'm having a similar problem, but with a much wider application than just this forum.

I can't seem to copy and paste into almost any web-based window.

Am I correct in thinking the work around for this -- other than yet more software -- is to paste into Word or somewhere else first and then copy and paste from there into the web window?

bmac
If you put the Notes PB4 browser into HTML view (on the menu bar) it works, albeit you get the HTML tags with it.

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software