perry Show full post »
mcaton
Enkidu,

Didn't mean to startle with the previous comment - Version 9 has great visual navigation enhancements with the new Mind Map view and smoother/faster interface. I'll certainly +1 the request for the classic Expanded View for you.

Thanks,
Matt
Polaris
I'd like to contribute a solid +2 for the return of Expanded view in V9. It's pretty much the one feature why I'm using TheBrain 8 rather than other mindmapping software I own ( iThoughts X for Mac)
Thalamus
To All:
To me, the Expanded View is probably the MOST useful view to get the Big Picture and interrelationships of your data. The ability to (+) or (-) portions of the viewing Plex, allow you to focus in on the area of content which you want to further analyze. Also, while not as automated, the ability to drag groups of Thoughts around to better visualize, just is not doable with traditional mind-maps in my experience.

As mentioned, the path(s) between two Thoughts (nodes), has the most value when you can visualize and communicate to others, the Thoughts (parameters/ variables) which exist, BETWEEN the Beginning of a problem and Solution at the end. While I know that this can be displayed with other types of software, in my mind this is just more work that could be prevented by simply incorporating better display techniques of what TB already has available.

So PLEASE don't neglect Expanded capabilities and DO build on the capabilities of what TB-8 already has.
Thanks for all of the great comments!
Thalamus

mcaton
Appreciate the feedback.  I've verified the additional requests for the return of the classic "Expanded View" from V8.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software