acbland
I have recently started using PB and love it!  I am trying to figure out if there is a way to get the conventional mindmap view using the topic I am centered on as the mindmap root.

Expanding the view creates a much more cluttered view than does a conventional mind map.

I like creating my thoughts in PB, but find it very difficult to then print and use the thoughts as a presentation- as I do with a mindmap from MM.   I would not enjoy having to go back and recreate the thoughts in MM.

IF this is not yet possible, is there a plan to add this as a new feature?

Thanks

Andy
zenrain
Hi acbland, welcome to the forum!
The closest you can get to a classic mindmap view is using Expanded View, moving and hiding the thoughts so you get everything where you want it, and then save that view (View > Save Expanded View).

MindManager and others like it are usually better suited for presentations, as the links, thought shapes, colors etc. are customizable, and are hierarchical (have only 1 parent).

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
gcoulthard
Although my curriculum resources are stored and linked in PersonalBrain, I still use MindManager, VUE, PowerPoint, and other tools to present information. PB is not the best tool for presenting information to groups, in my opinion. (Would definitely be nice though!)

Having said this, I will often place PB on wander mode at the beginning of a presentation to show the key topics and get the "kewl" factor in, and then launch my presentation resources from within PB.

-- Glen
CardPlayer
gcoulthard wrote:
Although my curriculum resources are stored and linked in PersonalBrain, I still use MindManager, VUE, PowerPoint, and other tools to present information. PB is not the best tool for presenting information to groups, in my opinion. (Would definitely be nice though!)

Having said this, I will often place PB on wander mode at the beginning of a presentation to show the key topics and get the "kewl" factor in, and then launch my presentation resources from within PB.

-- Glen

Thank you Glen! It is like a breath of fresh air when I read people utilizing no self-limiting point of views. PB is not the one and only software that does it all. Until Microsoft invents such tool, ;-)  we are best prepared when we have a few tools designed to work with organic human thoughts and use each of these programs where they shine best. Of course "acbland" still needs a workable answer. I wonder if he found one. If so, please share it.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software