mbaas
I created a thought today (w 130) which should have a .doc and a .pdf attached to it. TheBrain shows these files several times in the list of attachments (see screenshot). 

Also, what about this .Ignore-file - is that created by TB?
att2016-11-02_18-02-29.png 
pthompson
mbaas,

Looking at your attachments, two are just links, which would not show up in the attachment folder, and the docs that are internal both have the same name, but this is interesting since TheBrain checks for duplicate attachment names. Can you use the 'Show in Explorer' option for each attachment to verify the location of each? Are the two internal docs pointing to the same location?

The ignore file is probably related to having the document open but I will check with our engineers on that one.
mbaas
Patrick,
you are right about the links - I had not noticed the indicator before. I have removed these. The two docs, however, linked to the same file in the same folder (the thought folder). Word is closed now, so the .ignore-thing must be a leftover then (if it served a purpose before).

pthompson
mbaas,

Do you have any info or remember how those two duplicate attachments were created. I have tried replicating this scenario but haven't had any luck. Any time I try to add or create an attachment with a duplicate name TheBrain warns me, which is what we would expect to happen.
mbaas
The .doc came from another thought, copied & pasted. Then I renamed it. Unfortunately it's been a hectic afternoon and I was not totally focussed, so I can't remember when I first noticed it...

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software