homer007
When you are in normal view and expand one level, sometimes not all of the children are shown.  This is easy to reproduce if you keep moving around a brain that you know, especially if you keep activating thoughts at least 2 clicks away from the current active thought. 

Normal expanded once is my preferred view, and important enough for me that I downgraded until the issue no longer occurred, and this happens in v5.0.1.5; v5.0.1.8 and upwards to v5.0.2.6 have the same issue.  Some screen shots are posted below to emphasize what happens.  I'm using Vista as my OS, with Java SE v6u11.

I hope this can be fixed as the current version runs so much quicker

Oh and please, think of the children...

v5.0.1.5

v5.0.2.6

Click image for larger version - Name: PB_Children_Issue_v5_0_1_5.jpg, Views: 458, Size: 47.10 KB Click image for larger version - Name: PB_Children_Issue_v5_0_2_6.jpg, Views: 442, Size: 42.53 KB
jostber
Do you use the standard font with this view, or have you found one that works better? To me Deja Vu Sans and Bitstream Sans work better for this view.

I would also be great if the green ring could access the children in the Normal Expanded view like in Outline view.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
homer007
Thanks for the tip, I tried out the fonts you described.  I was using the default sanserif before; Both the fonts you described are a little bit easier to read, with slightly thicker and wider characters.  I prefer deja vu sans over bitstream.
bfisher
I tried them too - I agree, I like DejaVu Sans too
homer007
Bumping this as the issue still occurs as of PB v5.0.3.6.  It also did not help that the discussion went way off topic .  Please make a new thread if you want to talk about fonts.
Dryopithecus
Moe said this should be fixed in the upcoming 5.1 release.

See: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3254810

homer007
You just made my day Dryopithecus

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software