Parkerman

***** CORRECTION/UPDATED AS NOW A PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 7 TOO *****

Have raised this issue before (7 Beta just archived category) but still a problem for me specifically on Windows XP and now Windows 7 too -- see attached screenshot from a clean new Brain in latest version.

This does not happen with any other software I am using on XP/Windows 7, all file types are recognised including Hyperlink icons.  This is also a very recent problem arising within the last 3 or 4 releases. Up until then Hyperlinks worked absolutely fine.

The suggestion to try *support* in Search and then 
(File > Utilities > Download Missing Web Icons)
or (File > Utilities > Rebuild Icon Cache)

did not work or change anything

Still getting blank spaces/missing icons with Hyperlinks to websites with no custom icon.  Tried opening the related "ico.png" file in the Thought folder and received a message that indicates file corruption in the "png" file -- see attached screenshot. 

Can TheBrain Team please confirm whether they can replicate this issue in Windows XP/Windows 7 try the hyperlink I have used -->
http://www.warrington.gov.uk/ 
and if so that this issue is being looked into.
-------------------
TheBrain Version 7.0.3.9
J-1.6.0_31
Windows XP Professional 32bit

WebBrain Subscription

Click image for larger version - Name: clip4-5-12--n1.png, Views: 197, Size: 17.70 KB Click image for larger version - Name: clip4-5-12--n2.png, Views: 197, Size: 12.68 KB
Parkerman
***** CORRECTION/UPDATE NOW A PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 7 TOO *****

It is now happening on Windows 7 too!! Seems to be another intermittent issue which is even more frustrating.  I am attaching the offending ico/png file from the Thought directory (which may be corrupted) in case this helps. Have found that if I delete the .png extension leaving the file ending as .ico at least a default icon appears.  I cannot vouch for whether this is a wise thing to do it just gets rid of the gap/missing icon whilst this bug persists.

-------------------
TheBrain Version 7.0.3.9
J-1.6.0_31

Windows 7 32bit
WebBrain Subscription

Click image for larger version - Name: www.warrington.gov.uk-hidex.ico.png, Views: 138, Size: 51.81 KB
Parkerman
Also same issue now replicated on Linux os - see screenshots attached.

Any idea when this will be fixed as it is increasingly difficult to detect single hyperlink attachments to Thoughts and detracts from a key relied upon function that worked fine in previous versions.
  The issue seems to be caused by a corrupt "png" file generated in both Windows and Linux versions.

-------------------
TheBrain Version 7.0.3.9
J-1.6.0_31

Windows 7 32bit
Ubuntu 11.04 Linux 2.6.38-14-generic
WebBrain Subscription

Click image for larger version - Name: TheBrainErrorForum-01.png, Views: 120, Size: 28.65 KB Click image for larger version - Name: TheBrainErrorForum-02.png, Views: 120, Size: 36.74 KB
pthompson
Parkerman,

Thank you for posting. Have you tried (File > Utilities > Refresh Web Pages Index)? Are you able to share this brain with us at support.thebrain.com?
Parkerman
Hi Patrick
Have tried every combination of refresh etc  via *support* extended menu as mentioned earlier in post.
Just tried again with a clean new Brain on Windows 7 64bit with J 1.7.0 engine and repeated here too.
Have emailed Support with an example Brainzip of this error as suggested:-
  Ticket #18846: Missing icons on Hyperlinks with no Favicon - Attached Brain 
Thanks, Chris
jbennett
Chris,

Thanks for letting us know.  As Patrick may have told you in your ticket, our engineers are aware of this issue are are working on a resolution.  Please continue downloading and installing updates, as we expect to implement the fix in a future release.

James
Parkerman
Thanks James
Still not working in 7.0.4.1 but nice to know your technical bods are on to it. I think you were generally a tad early dropping the beta label but very happy with how 7 is now shaping up and the online cloud synching works a treat for me. Keep up the great work.
Cheers, Chris

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software