KenBlackman
I'd love to see more of the things you can do to a single thought, also available for the selected thoughts. For example:
  • Change to type or tag
  • change the icon
  • create pin
  • etc. 
This might be harder UI wise but I'd also love to see some way to change the selected thoughts' foreground and background colors.
KenBlackman
One of the reasons I really want to be able to style thoughts in bulk is because I can't style tags by assigning them a type.
So my only option is to style them one at a time.
metta
Definitely +1
DavidGretzschel
+1

I've already mentioned elswehere that I wish "Selection" to be an extension of "highlighted Thought".
(in an "why is there zero overloading in TheBrain"-rant somewhere, have yet to present the case in an elegant way)
I.e. the assumption is anything that can be done to a single Thought should be done with the same command as you'd do it to the single-Thought, unless the action wouldn't make sense. There's a Selection>Delete which needs a different hotkey assigned from Thought>Delete.
[and many more such duplicate commands involving copying and pasting, but I'm too tired to think right now to be more precise]
That makes no sense to me.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

nick

Hi Ken,

It turns out you can indeed alter the type/tags of a series of selected thoughts. You can do this by right clicking the selected thought side-bar ( the divider that comes up on the left side when selecting multiple thoughts ). I've attached a screenshot of what the menu looks like when you make this action. change-tag-type.png 

Though I do like the idea of being able to change the icon of a group of thoughts all at once. And I agree that changing the Foreground/Background colors individually may be a bit challenging based on the current design for Brain themes, but either way I will submit both of these ideas as feature requests and have the Engineering/Design teams take a look.

I will update as I have more information.

Thanks
-Nick

KenBlackman
@nick - not setting the type or tag of the selected thoughts, but rather, converting them to a type or a tag. That has to be done one at a time right now. 
KenBlackman
DavidGretzschel I don't agree about adding the selection to the active thought as a group and having commands operate on all of them, if that's what you're suggesting. I make use of the fact that there are two targets I can act on—the selected thoughts or the active thought— all the time. I appreciate that I have equivalent commands to target the two separately. I do think anything that can be done to a thought should be doable to the selection.
DavidGretzschel

@KenBlackman 
you appreciate that? That's very interesting. I could see that it is theoretically advantageous, but I haven't spotted the situation where I found it useful.
That doesn't mean much though, since I haven't been using theBrain for long and gardening and moving around is something I'm still learning.
I'll keep an eye out for that, now.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

DavidGretzschel
@KenBlackman
What do you mean with "converting them one at a time"? Do you want to make each Thought within a selection into Types or Tags?
So are you talking about selecting the Thought A, B and C and then from that Selection create the new Types (or Tags) A, B and C?

--
---
---

DavidGretzschel
Oh yeah, I looked into the manual what "converting means". I didn't know one could do that! Very cool.
Though wouldn't that create weird corner cases if you select say.....
a parent, with a child, that has a child, which is also the parent of the original parent?
"Incest a la timetravel"-style Thought-selections would be a headache if one could do that.
[not that I'm against it, of course. Maybe just tell the user to cut out the nonsense, when he tries.
Detection of strongly connected components is C(V+E), so should be doable even with large selections]
Creating multiple types at once.... that would require multiple popups for the conversion dialog at once?
Would they come in sequence? Interesting idea.

--
---
---

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software