Mandox
When in expanded view, I managed to resize the whole brain (e.g. moving all thoughts closer together or further appart) using the mouse wheel. Instead of pointing the mouse at the active thought the mouse pointer was on an empty space of the brain.
First I thought "what a cool feature!" but after collapsing the whole brain to an unreadable lump I couldn't manage to get it back. Mouse wheeling just didn't have any effect anymore.
After closing and reopening PB, it all went back to normal (fortunately!).
I'm using PB v5.0.2.7 on Win XP

FransJehoul
Good Morning,

In expanded view (i almost always work in expanded view). WinXP.

In  PB v4 i could resize the fontsize with the mouse wheel and in combination with the Ctrl i could change the distance between thoughts (what Mandox describes).  Now with PB v5.0.2.6 i can't resize the fontsize anymore with the mousewheel. With or without Ctrl it will change the distance between thoughts.

Regards,

Frans
SamCox
In PB5, you can resize font with the mouse wheel when the mouse cursor is near the active thought. You can know that you are near enough when a green circle appears over the thought.
-- Sam

FransJehoul

thanks!

twospoons
I've complained about this same thing before.  http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2948553

twospoons wrote:
It would be more "user friendly" (at least in my opinion) if the mouse wheel worked more as a zoom in/out instead of
1) just sizing the text (which then also triggers a bunch of jumbling around of everything on the screen) OR
2) just sizing the links, (which again also triggers a bunch of jumbling around of everything on the screen).

There are times when the selected thought is on a branch all by itself and I have many other thought branches expanded several links away, that no matter how much CRTL + mouse wheel I use to shrink the link distance, the link does not get ANY smaller AT ALL. All the while, the rest of my thoughts are smashed into a heap. I would like to see less jumbling around of the thoughts trying to figure out where they belong, and much more consistency in the ability to zoom in/out on the entire structure as a whole (keeping the proportions of the links and text size similar [FOR THE WHOLE STRUCTURE]).

Wes

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software