CaptainJustice Show full post »
CaptainJustice
CaptainJustice wrote:

Matt, wanting to make sure you noted that the problem, other than not being able to move more than one file at a time, is that on a move there is no link left in TB to the file now on an external location. In my case that is a USB SSD drive.  TB8 created such a link and that was a big advantage in doing the move from the plex instead of out of the containing folder.

Matt -- progress on this? For clarity, I'm repeating my original request:
  1. Can only move 1 file at a time. Should be able to
    1. CTRL-A to select all in the list and then
    2. Move all files as a selection group
  2. Normal Windows dialogue for file exploring is not used resulting in
    1. Have to right-click to get to "New" folder creation instead of the usual icon to do do.
    2. There is no navigation up icon
  3. Once you move a file and start to move another file, the location is not remembered. In my instance this requires 5 clicks on folders, then scroll to sub-folder, another click to select.
  4. Should also be able to drag and drop a link.

As always, thanks.
-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 6, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Homemade desktop for Ham Shack, Windows 10
Samsung 7Edge
ruudhein
+1
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | PrintFriendly | TheBrain v10.0.54.0
metta
+1
mcaton
Cap'n,

Looking back on your "move folder out of Brain" issue - this should be working on our current build. 

You should be able to right click on an internal folder and select "Move Folder out of Brain"  This will move the folder and all of it's contents leaving a link to said folder back in TheBrain. Is this feature not working for you?

The requests for moving multiple, individual files is still open and we hope to implement in a future build.

Thank you,
Matt
CaptainJustice
mcaton wrote:
Cap'n,

Looking back on your "move folder out of Brain" issue - this should be working on our current build. 

You should be able to right click on an internal folder and select "Move Folder out of Brain"  This will move the folder and all of it's contents leaving a link to said folder back in TheBrain. Is this feature not working for you?

The requests for moving multiple, individual files is still open and we hope to implement in a future build.

Thank you,
Matt

I'm on .250 and still cannot move a file. Selection is allowed. The choice to move a folder is there, but it goes nowhere.
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
mcaton
Cap,

Attached is a quick test, also on a Windows 10 machine.  Are you doing anything differently from the process I'm following?

Move.gif 

Thanks,
Matt
CaptainJustice
Oops. Just saw this. Reconstructed what does not work. Can move a folder, but not to a USB drive. All appears to work, but move does not happen.
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
CaptainJustice
CaptainJustice wrote:

1. Have to right-click to get to "New" folder creation instead of the usual icon to do do.
  3. Once you move a file and start to move another file, the location is not remembered. In my instance this requires 5 clicks on folders, then scroll to sub-folder, another click to select.

As always, thanks.

Bumping this. As you can guess, I do a lot of moving files off to an external (USB) drive. Too many steps. I'm lazy.
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
metta
Following with interest
Harlan
Quick update... 9.0.264 includes:
  • (#4522)    Copy/move attachment out of Brain improvements: remember location, make new folder option
FYI, that is actually the Windows folder selection dialog box. (It is different than the file selection dialog box, which I imagine is what you are thinking of.)

The ability to move multiple items at once is still a pending feature request.
Regards,
-Harlan
CaptainJustice
Harlan wrote:
Quick update... 9.0.264 includes:
  • (#4522)    Copy/move attachment out of Brain improvements: remember location, make new folder option
FYI, that is actually the Windows folder selection dialog box. (It is different than the file selection dialog box, which I imagine is what you are thinking of.)

The ability to move multiple items at once is still a pending feature request.

Outstanding. Thanks, Harlan. The #4522 item will greatly speed even the single item move. I look forward to getting .264.
Yes, on the selection dialog -- that's what I had in mind.
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
CaptainJustice
CaptainJustice wrote:

As always, thanks.

Bravo! Selecting multiple files to move out of TheBrain or delete works now as of version .264 and so does the remembering of the last selected location for the move. Huge productivity items for anyone who regularly archives material off to another drive.
-- The Cap'n
Samsung 7Edge
mcaton
Thanks for the post Cap.  Glad you like the new updates.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software