dmark
Hi. As anew user, I've begun adding several things to a company brain, then realised that in places I needed to link an large group of thoughts to a new or completely different parent, due to not having planned things out properly.  EG need to insert a new generation between existing parent and and existing group of thoughts.  Is there a quick way to do this?
zenrain
You can either ctrl-click the gate to select all the children, or ctrl-click the individual thoughts.
Then, with the parent as the active thought, right click the selection window and choose Unlink Selection.
Finally, browse to the new Parent thought, and with that as the active thought, right click the selection window and choose Link Selection as Children of xxxx.

Then close the selection window to unhighlight (de-highlight?) those thoughts.

If you are using a Mac it's command-click instead.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
dmark
Thank you.  It was ctrl-clicking the first thought that was evading me.  All done now!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software