lunatrix
Hi I have invested in a new Mac Book Pro which can run both windows and leopard. I would like to deactivate my old brain registration so I can use the full version on my new computer (I htink you can only have two copies with one registration right?). Can you tell me what to do? Sorry if this is obvious somewhere - I did look but without success.
Helen

Dryopithecus
As far as I know, you'll need to contact support@thebrain.com, and tell them to cancel your previous registration.

See: http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2614479

Yang
Darkstar
Why?

I've never cancelled any of my old registrations. When I buy a new machine, I put Personal Brain on it. Since I only have it installed and actively used on a couple of machines at any time (work and home), it doesn't matter.

Your license for PB is either for 2 or 3 copies (I think it is 3, allowing for home, work, and a mobile laptap/USB drive installation), but I haven't read the number in a while so I could have it wrong, or it could have changed. But since you don't need a new registration code per computer, it is up to you and your honor and integrity. Just don't go around installing and registering your PB on all your friends and co-workers machines for them to use! If they like PB, they should get their own licenses!
-Darkstar
jroeterd
Hello,

I had the some problem. Look in your docuements & settings/application data/Personal brain folder. There are a few files (I forgot the names). Copy them and you are up and running.

Greetings,
Jeroen Roeterd
mcaton
Helen,

You are correct, according to our licensing agreement, you can have PB registered on 2 machines.  If our database (which is contacted during the registration process) picks up that you are trying to register on a third machine, you may get a little warning message.  If that is the case, please contact us at support@thebrain.com and we'll be happy to clear out one of your previous activations.

Thank you,
Matt Caton
TheBrain Technologies
lunatrix
Thankyou all very kindly. I am just installing TB on my new computer now so if I get that msg I will know what to do.
Helen

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software