Kriggel23
It's more a sort of basic idea-thing, and I know, and use, workarounds ...

TB handles it pretty simple: two thoughts - one link. Basta!

But now, once again, I stumbled across this.

The scenario: I store my correspondence (letters, mails, etc.) and their relations in a brain of mine. Each letter, mail, etc. is represented by a unique thought.

The problem: parent thought X (an incoming letter) triggers a child thought Y (an outgoing email), which has X as attachment. Normally, I add attached documents as child thoughts - but, as mentioned, TB does not allow multiple direct relations between two thoughts.

I know, it's a very basic thing, a paradigm: two thoughts - one link.
But why just drop it, if you are currently re-creating TB?

Kriggel23

P.S. And, maybe, you could add a date-type as well, when you're just working on this?
mcaton
Interesting concept.  What do you think that would look like?  Is there a limit to the number of links between two Thoughts?  Have you tried attaching the additional data/information in the Link Notes?

Thanks,
Matt
Kriggel23
I'll show you:

Either allow the very same thought to appear twice/multiple times in normal view:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-11 um 04.08.50.png 
(than you have you find a visual way to show the identity (= same instance) of two items displayed)

Or you implement expanded view, and allow multiple links between two thoughts:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-11 um 04.08.50.png   green: date; gray: document

imho, each links stands for an attribute, or verb.
Notes and attachments I add only to thoughts so far.

Limit the number the links between two thoughts? Counterquestion: why? [please, don't tell me about technical limitations. They'll drop.]

Kriggel23

P.S. oh, and btw - if you create a timeline (x-axis), and align "timed" thoughts (= thoughts attached so dates) you will identify "time-travelers", or paradoxes. If you add a third dimension to a timeline view, you could "pin" different thought types to various distances, e.g. persons at (y:1, z:1), documents at (y:-1,z:1), and locations at (y:-1,z:-1). Dates are represented by dots, periods of time by lines. It's so easy.
Want some more ideas?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software