richard
My personal brain is very slowly, when I jump to another thought PB is freezing. After a while the jump is done.

I didn´t have this problem before.

What can I do?

Regards,

Richard
Shiiko
Sorry to hear about your problem. I would start by submitting your post to the PB Issues section and not this one. Tech support seems to address these types of questions there.  I would also suggest posting your PB & Java version as well as your OS. 
richard
thanks, I hope a solution
Richard
jostber
You can also try a File-Utilities-Rebuild Database, and reinstallation of your PB. Try also the new version 5.5.2.4:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=4683280

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
rsherkin

I had a similar problem a few months back running PB on a Mac.  Here's the thread.  It was suggested early on that I had a hard drive problem.  The drive crashed twice and was rebuilt twice.  Before each crash PB would slow down as you described.  The Mac worked until the third crash where the drive actually died.  The process lasted 3 weeks, start to finish.

I now run PB on a PC and a Netbook and haven't had a single issue.

The point is, Mac aside, you may have hit on an upcoming hardware issue that you're not even aware is creeping up.  PB is very file system intensive and really gives the disc a workout.

A good disc diagnostic might be in order.

Rich

BSTD
I had a similar problem a while ago on my Windows machine. PB was extremely slow and at times stuttering.
This never returned after I reinstalled Windows (and Java). In another thread I cannot remember, it was suggested that having installed different Java versions may be the issue.

-Ben

bookeater
Quote:
In another thread I cannot remember, it was suggested that having installed different Java versions may be the issue.

That was surprise to me as well. I found two java console plugins in my firefox with version number: 6.0.17 and 6.0.18. I did disable the former one. But it shouldn't happened in the first place. I assume that once you doing update the old version is removed!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software