acustomer
The ability to re-order children by dragging the children towards the bottom of the screen and letting go move that child to the beginning of the splay.
Can I suggest  a spider web view or splash view.This could be also used to show the size of each thought by weighting visually.Also it is nice to see things in a linear fashion as our brains also think like this!I would suggest a tabbed side window with the parent tab at the top and its children underneath. And of course you can drag into the brain to associate.,
Having a 'master brain' that can be toggled on/off to get at all other "thebrains" files
Must have web clipper for browsers (you could start with firefox) with a holding area for clipped pages etc.Perhaps in a separate plugin program.
A general simple notes drop-down is needed to allow the tracking of tasks observations etc and with an toolbar button for easy access.So that when the day starts the user has a central focus to takeoff from and is also a place for a quick note when logging off
When showing the notes sections from different thoughts by mouse over , allow a keyboard function (when clicking?) to hold that particular note open for editing without having to open (or move)the thought around in the plex.--if thats possible.And to then have the ability to jump through the children using the tab.This would allow very quick access to a lot of child thoughts without having to use the mouse.

dyslucksia
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Many of your suggestions sound familiar as they have been requested before, though not exactly in the form you suggest. You will probabably find helpful workarounds for many of these problems in earlier forum posts.

Quote:
The ability to re-order children by dragging the children towards the bottom of the screen and letting go move that child to the beginning of the (di)splay.

A mouse-driven way to custom order Thoughts like this should appeal to the developers.

Quote:
Can I suggest  a spider web view or splash view

Expanded View will allow you to position Thoughts like this. In fact, if you have a dozen or more child Thoughts, Expanded View will space them out radially at a distance from each other, like a spider's web.

Quote:
Having a 'master brain' that can be toggled on/off to get at all other "thebrains" files

Linking two brains together is one of the most popular suggestions. Look in UserVoice.

Quote:
A general simple notes drop-down is needed

Notes and other tools can be auto-hidden and reappear in the Pro Edition.

Quote:
And to then have the ability to jump through the children using the tab.

I suggest trying Outline View for this and using the cursor keys. However, I agree that Normal View does not make it easy to progress through all the children by pressing only one key. Another solution is to display only the children in Reports by tagging them, and stepping through them that way.

I don't know if it's my screen or not, but the font you've chosen seems awfully large. Perhaps you could go back and reduce its size?

Keep posting.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software