cristianosiri
Hi,
i drag a lot of gmail messagge on my Personal Brain, creating thought directly.

As i drag it for some istant the thought name automatically became the title of the gmail windows that is

Email's subject - gmail adress - gmail

I would love it could remain so!
Instead after neither a second it is automatically renamed in "Email from Google". I repeat: each single gmail message url i drag in the Plex get the same "Email from Google" name, so i cannot recognize them if i don't open th URL.

So i've to rename each one back to the "Email subject way": i find this insane!

Please give us an option to choose to mantain gmail message subject as Thought name!

Shiiko
I would second a solution to this small problem.   It would be nice to keep the original subject of the email when D&D'ing from Gmail.   Now I have to go back and forth, copying and pasting.   
smuench
I think this feature is a must have for the growing number of Gmail users, the majority of the content I D&D to my Brain is email, (it is not efficient to have to copy and paste the email subject to the thought as I have to do now as a work around)
Spacenexus
I noticed this behaviour for googledocs also.
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
GerSch
When I see how deep other programms integrate the Google products (have a look on the Google Marketplace), I must say the Google integration of TB is very poor! Hoping for the next version... :-) :-)
pthompson
Right now, because of the security built-in to Google and Gmail, this is not possible.
JAz
What restriction keeps from reading the HTML <TITLE></TITLE> tags?  

For me gmail displays the email subject and email account name in the Browser's Title Bar, rendered from the <TITLE> tag.  That would be perfectly sufficient for the thought name when d&d.

Thx.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software