pwmcmaho
Ok, so first of all, I love theBrain and having been using it for almost 8 years...

However, with the advent of quality devices like android and iOS tablets, I am funding that I use them more than a traditional laptop, especially in interpersonal situations... However, I still have a need to have my thoughts and EASILY expand them, reference than and keep them in synch among my devices.

So I have searched and searched through the sea of "other" knowledge management, mind mapping and discovery apps... And I have yet to find one that meets two simple, basic requirements:

1. Work both disconnected (no Internet) and synch among devices
2. Have a "self-centering" visual presentation approach, which the brain plex does so very well.. Showing me only the main thought and closely related thoughts... Not some big "piece of paper" that I have to manually zoom in and out around....

Have I missed an app that does this, especially around the iOS/osx echo system?

TheBrain and cloud would be fantastic, but cloud connectivity is not ubiquitous, at least for me at this point, so offline access, synchronization and interaction is a requirement for me...

Thanks for any thoughts or pointer!

Patrick
Gondwana
You may want to wait for the new Windows 8 tablets. I do...

pwmcmaho
Gondwana wrote:
You may want to wait for the new Windows 8 tablets. I do...

Actually a non-starter for me as I have no interest in such a device.  

I most certainly don't want to start an iOS vs Windows debate however the current proliferation of iOS devices is amazing versus what I suspect Windows 8 tablets will ever achieve.

So I will keep looking and watching for someone to pick up on this and innovate.

Thanks!
Patrick

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software