andylee
I know an iOS version of the desktop client has been proposed in UserVoice and might be in the works :-) Will this presage native versions of the client for each OS and not use Java for the UI. This will translate to a better user experience in terms of memory usage and fluidity of the animations. Java has its virtues but I can imagine how good a native UI will look! 

http://thebrain.uservoice.com/forums/4597-thebrain-feature-suggestions/suggestions/269288-develop-a-personal-brain-iphone-app-
pvonk
Well, iOS does not support Java (no Java apps), so you don't have to worry about that.  (Look up Java iOS on Wikipedia.)   I'd guess that with the web version of Brain, there isn't a need for a specific iOS version.  Just a guess on my part.
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify - Thoreau
andylee
I'm a Mac/Win/iOS programmer and I know Java amongst other frameworks are not supported in the locked-down iOS! I wanted to elicit a response from a developer of the client if a native, non-Web version is in the planning given the popularity of the iOS platforms. I prefer native versions of the the desktop and iOS client. I've been an on/off user and now avid user since version 1.0 but I always hoped they migrate away from the quirky Java UI (Swing, SWT, etc.) and move to a more native look-and-feel (Cocoa, XAML etc.) with the configuration/editor UI!
SteveZ
Wasn't TheBrain a native Windows application at first? If I'm not mistaken, the developers switched to Java after version 3.0 so they could create a more universal application. I think Java is at the heart of their WebBrain experience as well, so I suspect they will be sticking with Java, at least for the time being, but would be interested in hearing from them on this as well.
Steve
mcaton
TheBrain has evolved quite a bit over the years.  Yes, we were originally PC only on a C++ platform.  Since then, we have expanded to Java and now HTML 5, with bigger and better plans for future versions.  We're also continuing to focus on Mac development with plans for further iPad and iPhone capabilities.  In our most recent release, we also added new, Mac friendly keyboard shortcuts. Stay tuned for more iOS updates in future releases.

Thank you,
Matt 
gcoulthard
Please keep developing for Linux as well! -- Glen
jbennett
Glen, 

Will do. 

James

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software