sym
I love Personal Brain, but the one thing that could make me switch back to OneNote is the lack of ability to password protect thoughts.  Currently, I am running it off of a USB drive, using TrueCrypt to protect it.  This creates major performance issues though. 

Another feature that I very much liked about OneNote that Personal Brain does not have is the ability to work on a locally cached version, and have it sync when the main notebook is online.

JosefBetancourt
Password protection of thoughts has been requested many times.  I think I even asked about it during version 1.   Look at this thread:  http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=1964537&highlight=password

Off topic, but another app has the same lack, keepass.  It protects only the passwords and the db, but not other fields.  Hmmm, perhaps this is a software antipattern.

--- Josef B.

Oyster
No encryption?? Without it, Brain is just a pretty children's toy.
Spacenexus
Oyster

Check out http://www.truecrypt.org for your security needs. There are also numerous other third party solutions available until the PB team can get to it on the long feature request list.

PB is great for kids too

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
Oyster
With respect -- there is no long list, only a list with one member (encryption); members here say TrueCrypt means a performance hit. Brain simply can't be expected to be taken seriously without built-in security. Otherwise you're just cataloging your Barbie wardrobe.
Spacenexus

Actually there are many feature requests still in the queue (http://thebrain.uservoice.com/). If there is a perforamnce hit with TC i've not noticed it even on a very large partition (I had compared with a non encrypted dataset once), though it is of course possible. You may be burdening yourself with limiting assumptions here; perhaps if you try it for yourself you can make your own mind up

Click image for larger version - Name: Metacarpal.jpg, Views: 296, Size: 43.15 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
Oyster
LOLx2!

OK, you have a point. But the description of TC suggests it is at least unwieldy compared with the effortless and selective encryption enjoyed by, say, OneNote.  The "long list" of improvements necessarily contains only "encryption" until the authors provide it: Without security built-in, Brain is a Sopwith Camel compared to OneNote's F-16; everything else on the wish list is secondary to that one absent feature.

zenrain
Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should structure my Barbie wardrobe data?
I'd like to be able to sort by release date, as well as cross reference:
- Venues with proper attire (wouldn't want Barbie going horseback riding in an evening dress)
- Color matching
- Storage location (for quick retrieval)

If possible, I'd also like to mark if the apparel is appropriate for Star Wars crossovers.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software