hherbzilla
Talking out loud a bit here... and wondering what others think.

At first glance, I liked the new display of attachments in the Thoughts tool. It is "prettier" with larger icons and text. Also, since ther are now two lines of information, I can make the window narrower and still have readable information. In v5, it was sometimes difficult to size the window and multiple columns.

However, I frequently save multiple versions of documents. It was easier in v5 to visually scan the date column, for example.

Also, the old version allowed the display of more items because each only took one line.

I'll have to see how I feel after using the beta a bit longer.
Herb
Spacenexus
Yes, i know what you mean - perhaps we could have an option to choose either original file list, icons only or new icon list (like windows explorer has some view options). That would be useful.

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
zenrain
I really like it, particularly being able to see the whole path, file name, date and size without having to constantly resize columns. It seems cleaner and more user friendly to me, and allows me to distinguish between the files much more easily. It also helps that the items in the Thought tools window have been consolidated considerably, reducing what used to be 4 lines of items to 2.

I've also found it makes the multiple attachments window easier to view, and once again distinguish between the files. Plus it now allows me to rename files in that window.

I'd be ok if they allowed us to switch between the styles on a Brain Preference level, but I'd hate to have to revert back to the original.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software