AREFTEE

It looks like this program can be a real help to me in tracking investigative details and their relationships. I would like to know if it is possible to compile a report using items within a Brain without cutting and pasting.

thanks

Bob Taylor

Licensed Private Investigator

NJ License # 5993

(V) 732-238-4400 (F) 732-210-0235

mailto:bobtaylor@njsleuth.com

(Web Site) http://www.njsleuth.com

ROBERT F. TAYLOR
JosefBetancourt
The Brain does have a report tool.  But, as far as I can see this is plex related information, not content related.   Look at the user manual and/or try the trial version and see if it meets your needs.  You could also make a feature request if it does not.

Would make an interesting application.  Maybe we'll see it being used in a TV show like CSI.    Investigator enters all known associations ....  clicks on expanded view, and their it is, the critical link.   The butler stole the spoon!

--- Josef

Harlan
Bob, let us know what you have in mind for your application. You may find the following capabilities useful:

Selecting thoughts and then copying them as a text outline. (Selection of thoughts can done manually, via search, or via the reports tab).

Creating an expanded view and then printing it (to a PDF if you like).

Regards,
-Harlan
AREFTEE
I am not clear by what you mean "select thoughts" How do you you select the thoughts you want included in a report?
ROBERT F. TAYLOR
Harlan
Selections can be built manually as described here:

http://personalbrain101.blogspot.com/

You can also create selections by searching, then choose Edit > Add search results to selection, or by using a report then Edit > Add report to selection. Finally, you can also use Edit > Crawl Brain and Modify Selection

Regards,
-Harlan
tcahill
AREFTEE wrote:
I would like to know if it is possible to compile a report using items within a Brain without cutting and pasting.

I suspect some clarification between different meanings of the word "report" might help?

Report: 1. To bring back, as an answer; to relate; as what has been discovered by a person sent to examine, explore, or investigate [1913 Webster] 2. The output of a PB Query: a list of thoughts matching a set of filters.

Context 1 is a formal document with attached supporting material, usually formatted professionally and printed on paper. Context 2 owes its origins to database design, and is usually a single list of varying detail.

Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
AREFTEE
My interest is in context # 2

Bob Taylor
Licensed Private Investigator
NJ License # 5993
(V) 732-238-4400 (F) 732-210-0235
mailto:bobtaylor@njsleuth.com
(Web Site) http://www.njsleuth.com

ROBERT F. TAYLOR

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software