Wic
well that about says it all

I have had PB for 24 hours - I can do everything I have ever imagined (nearly and more, but "I cannot past formatted text?"

I do notice that I can paste html and view as design which is great. I can format very nicely with the tools provided - but I haven't been able to preserve the text I "paste" - also the "import" facility doesn't import .rtf ... or does it?

Amazing program!

MAC 10.6.8
Moe
Hi Wic, Thank You for posting and welcome to the forum .

I can do everything I have ever imagined (nearly and more, but "I cannot past formatted text?"

Make sure you do not have "Copy/cut/paste notes as text always" enabled in Options > Preferences > Advanced (tab).

Also the "import" facility doesn't import .rtf ... or does it?

PB does not contain a feature to import .rtf files. However, you can import text outline. Please find the following video tutorial which goes over this. You may post a feature request for importing .rtf files on our Uservoice page.

Thanks,
Moe
Wic
Hi Moe, the problem still exists.

Unfortunately "Copy/cut/paste notes as text" is not selected (as per the default settings) because that might have been a solution I was looking for.

Also the movie was about import/export outlines from the blue section of PB... which is fine but nothing about rich or formatted text. I am referring to the "Notes" section (the white bottom left section that has the formatting facility).  

So, I am having difficulty bringing formatted text into PB.

How do I bring in formatted text?

Can I import or drag and drop or paste formated text, or is that facility not available? 

Thank you
Moe
Wic, I noticed you also posted here that you have run into an issue with the notes editor. I would like to arrange a web meeting to take a closer look at the issue you have run into with the notes editor. At the same time we can go over how to import your data into PB. I will send you an invite via support.

Thanks,
Moe
Wic
Regarding the other Notes post, I closed and reopened PB a few times and the Notes problem went away.

Considering my PB became corrupted (but was fixed after I re-started) I've been on the wrong track... so I start again.

Regarding bringing in formatted text.

When I select and drag text from a web browser direct into Notes, the formatting is perfect even to the degree that when I switch to html all the code is there (this is very cool).

When I try to do the same from Pages, the formatting disappears (this is sad) and when I look at the html it is plain... so being converted to html is great for me but losing the format is not so great.   

All in all, PB is magnificent, I think I just had a hiccup, and importing text from a word processor - Pages or .rtf - and retaining the format "whilst converting to html" is a very interesting methodology... if it works like that - otherwise I may convert my Pages text into html and then drag it into Notes thus retaining format.

The Notes reside "Bottom left" - is there a way to have it appear on the "right or left of the blue screen" since computer real estate has more width space than height, it would be more comfortable.

Appreciate your help
Thank you

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software