withanid
Hi,

When do you plan to have a Release Candidate?

Is there any tool to verify the integrity of a Brain (DB)?

Regards,
Igor
Harlan
We'll have a release candidate as soon as all the major problems are eliminated. We'll introduce more utilities for the database in the future if the need arises. For now, the database status is automatically monitored as it is used and if there is a problem it will be reported to the user along with suggested corrective actions.
Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
Harlan wrote:
For now, the database status is automatically monitored as it is used and if there is a problem it will be reported to the user along with suggested corrective actions.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just this morning I had a case where the automatic check found a problem and suggested to use a backup. Instead, I just restarted and got no more msgs. Does that mean the issue is solved or could it be that specific thoughts needs be activated in order to trigger the check (and possibly bring back the msg)?
mbaas
Ok, partially a stupid question, because the MsgBox clearly says that restore would only be needed if errors comes up again during nxt startup. However, as it is the 2nd time today I am dealing with this msg, I wonder if there wasn't some 'tougher' damage the 1st time?  (Or if perhaps the err-recognition at startuo isn't working?)

This 2nd time the error came up while I was working on a newly created thought. And sure enough I forgot to take a copy of OUTPUT.LOG, sorry.
Harlan
If the error does not repeat consistently, it is probably due to a bug rather than a true corruption of the database. If you post the output.log file, we'll be able to see what the cause is.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
I found and fixed some problem that may lead to an error after creation of a Thought from a virtual thought. If this is what you were seeing, there is definitely nothing wrong with your Brain and the problem has already been fixed.
Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
I don't think I was using a virtual there, but it also hasn't repeated since then...

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software