GerSch
At the moment it is not possible to fill login data, may be for an online account, via copy & paste into the fields. And no password programm can do it, as I think. When you use a password programm there you can create a long, individual password which I can´t remember ad hoc. And I can´t copy it into the field, so I have to write it by hand :-(. If I have a lot of online accounts, I have to fill in the login data every time when I open TheBrain again. I don´t know what needs necessary from a technical view that this works better...? 

Bug or feature? 
mcaton
GerSch,

This might just be a browser setting.  I just copied and pasted my password to log in with Chrome.  Which browser are you using?

Thanks,
Matt
pthompson
I've also just tested this in Safari on macOS using 1Password to autofill my password and it works without issue.
pshanks

I just tested RoboForm using Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7 and it worked for me.

~ Pat

TheBrain 11.0.120.0, iOS V10.0.
Windows 10 (V19041), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.15.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

pshanks
As I re-read the topic again, I'll wondering if it's the Internal Browser in V9.

pshanks
[V9.0.130.0]

I just confirmed you can NOT copy & paste into any fields with The Brain V9 Embedded Browser.

Harlan
Generally speaking, I don't recommend using the internal browser beyond previewing. If you want to login and do stuff on a site, there's probably a good argument not to use the internal browser. While it is technically capable of doing 99% of what every other browser does, it's just not designed to be your real browser.

First, the instant you click to a different thought, the browser will be redirected elsewhere. This might be a small inconvenience or more irritating if you were in the middle of composing a long forum post for example.

Second, a lot of seemingly minor features that you may rely normally but wouldn't think of are not present: clearing caches, certificate status checking, automated forms, downloading, right click support (to open in a new tab, save a link, etc.), printing, zooming, saving, etc. etc.

While we will log these types of bugs and maybe one day we will be able to address them, they're not a priority right now because the intended use is only as a preview. We could easily dedicate a year of development efforts toward trying to make the internal browser capable enough to replace a full browser and still be nowhere near complete, so it's really a losing battle. There are many more productive uses of our development resources.

Short version: If you're going to be interacting with a site, you should really use a full browser.
Regards,
-Harlan
jbaty
I've been successful so far using sites within TheBrain. Minor behavioral changes are expected, so I'm not put off by those. The ability to paste passwords for login forms would be nice, though.

I edit Quip documents all day from within TheBrain with pretty good results. http://forums.thebrain.com/post/using-quip-for-thought-notes-8262146

I won't expect 1:1 compatibility with a full browser, but the more I can get the better!
GerSch
Yes, only need the possibility to paste my passwords into the right fields in the intern browser. @Harlan, how much work is it for your team? I tested a lot with task apps like Todoist and Nozbe. These apps are repsonsive and are working really fine in the browser. No need to change to another window of my Chrome browser. If you have pinned the task app, it is one click to get there and to create a new task or so...
Harlan
If everything else is working fine for you and you're willing to accept the limitations, I imagine we can probably get the pasting working. Unknown how difficult this will be until we actually try to fix it..
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software