GerSch Show full post »
HeinrichUnger
Hi Mr. Harlan,

I don´t like Java at all. But I agree to enkidu - functionality is more important. And I´m sorry that you can not give any timeframe - if I would say this to my Clients most of them will be no Clients in the near future.

In fact the only benefit of the Combo licence is the webstorage, which is not crucial to me. So I beg you give us a cheaper model of having an ongoing licence without webbrain.

BR
Heinrich
DrBop
Harlan: Appreciate the road map. Technology native to each platform sounds very good for performance. Surely that adds to development overhead, but overall performance and user satisfaction should improve greatly. Looking forward to the new releases.

Cheers,

Don
pthompson
HeinrichUnger wrote:
And I´m sorry that you can not give any timeframe.

It's fairly common in the tech industry to not have any ETA. If we guarantee or estimate a date there will most likely be backlash if we are not able to meet the estimate due to unforeseen issues that may arise and cause us to spend more time fixing something.

HeinrichUnger wrote:

So I beg you give us a cheaper model of having an ongoing licence without webbrain.

We do have this as an option with our License Only model.
zenrain
Hmm, I must have posted at the exact same time as Harlan, since I just saw his post. 
Thanks for the update Harlan! Sounds very ambitious.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Harlan
HeinrichUnger wrote:
I don´t like Java at all.

Just to ensure there is no misunderstanding, the new version does NOT utilize Java. This change is one of the key reasons why this version is taking longer than other releases. It is also one of the key reasons why this version will include many technical improvements.
Regards,
-Harlan
Peter93
Thanks for the good news, Harlan! I am really excited about the new version, I highly appreciate the shift to native code for each platform. When I think about all the times my JRE ate up most of my CPU usage or crashed for no reason, I'm very glad you made this step. Now if you also hired a great UX designer to redo the interface, the product will be a huge success!
HeinrichUnger
pthompson wrote:
HeinrichUnger wrote:
And I´m sorry that you can not give any timeframe.

It's fairly common in the tech industry to not have any ETA. If we guarantee or estimate a date there will most likely be backlash if we are not able to meet the estimate due to unforeseen issues that may arise and cause us to spend more time fixing something.

HeinrichUnger wrote:

So I beg you give us a cheaper model of having an ongoing licence without webbrain.

We do have this as an option with our License Only model.

As fare as I know with Combo licence I do get Major updates. With a Pro Licence I have to buy the next Major release. Am I wrong?

BR
Heinrich
HeinrichUnger
Harlan wrote:
HeinrichUnger wrote:

Just to ensure there is no misunderstanding, the new version does NOT utilize Java. This change is one of the key reasons why this version is taking longer than other releases. It is also one of the key reasons why this version will include many technical improvements.

Thank you Harlan for Information.

BR
Heinrich
CaptainJustice
Harlan wrote:
HeinrichUnger wrote:

This is very good news and worth the wait ... to a point :-)
-- The Cap'n
Surface Pro 6, Windows 10
Dell XPS 15 laptop, Windows 10
Homemade desktop for Ham Shack, Windows 10
SamsungS10+
Working (still) at https://judgegiljones.com and
Playing at https://captainjustice.net
gpatten
Native clients on all platforms? This is excellent news. I didn't invest in TB8 when it was released because I couldn't see that it offered more than cosmetic improvements over TB7. But a native OSX app? That I will spend money on. Looking forward to it. [smile]
advisors
Happy to read that something might come/happen after all.
Harlan
I've started a new thread to further discuss the upcoming version of TheBrain, including some more information on what we have done and are planning to do. Please reply there. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software