bmac
Why is it that when I type something into the quick search windows, PB5 does nothing.  I must press enter to find what I am looking for through a full search.

I must say that this does not always occur - that some times the quick search windows shows possible hits.  But this is not true all of the time.  And I know that the item is in a thought within PB5.

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
bmac
Thanks for your reply.  But now I am really confused. I was searching for a thought that was labeled "Burns Joe New". Quick search didn't show anything so I clicked the Search button and it was the first item in the search listing - labeled "Burns Joe New".

I always thought quick search would find those thoughts that AT LEAST started with the search entry (as did PB3 only).

Is Development trying to improve this?

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
zenrain
If it was the thought name, and not the label and it's not finding the thoughts, you may try choosing File > Utilities > Rebuild Instant Activation index.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
bmac
I appreciate everybody's help here.  Just to clarify, here are some screen shots.

PB1 - a screen shot of entering the search item - note that PB5 did not find any thoughts.

PB2 - After finding no thoughts I pressed the search button which found the thought (1st one on the list) and others.

I rebuilt the instant activation index and now quick search is displaying possibilities - more than it did before.  Maybe that is the answer to this. But then I need to ask, why does the instant activation index need to be rebuilt in the first place?  What could disturb the original index.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Bill

Click image for larger version - Name: PB1.JPG, Views: 65, Size: 28.40 KB Click image for larger version - Name: PB2.JPG, Views: 66, Size: 44.42 KB
Bill
zenrain
That's good news.

As for your follow up question, I'm not sure. It has happened to me once before, and I don't really recall the circumstances around what occurred prior to needing to re-index. Sorry.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software