jsfirth48

Brain 9.0.78.0

Java 8.66

Windows 10 

I am still unable to run Brain 9. I get the error message "thebrain has encountered an error and will now close" as soon as I try to run the software. Antivirus and firewall were disabled during installation.

Log attached

jsfirth48

Still unable to run. Followed the instructions on a fresh install

Error reports attached

pthompson
Please contact us at support@thebrain.com to schedule a web meeting for further review.  We'd like to take a quick look at your screen together to see if we can determine the cause of the problem.  Just let us know what day/time works best for your schedule and we'll set something up.
mcaton
After a recent discussion on this topic with our engineers, your log files are sufficient to get us started with troubleshooting.  No web meeting needed for now, but thank you for your willingness to help!  We'll keep you posted and hopefully get you installed and testing in v9 soon.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
One additional question... when you look in your C:\Users\[user Name]\AppData\Local\TheBrain folder, do you have both a Temp and Working sub folder in this location?

If not, can you create empty Temp and Working folders and save them in this directory?  Restart TheBrain and let me know if you have any success.

Thanks,
Matt
jsfirth48

Hi Matt

Thanks

I have a temp folder in the location but not working folder. How do I create one (folder name etc)?

Stuart

mcaton
Stuart,

We had a different build available when I originally posted that question.  But the empty Temp and Working folders should now be auto generated in our current build (the previous problem was repaired).  Can you visit http://www.thebrain.com/thebrain9 and make sure you have downloaded the latest release and try installing again?

Thanks,
Matt

Harlan
Hi Stuart,

We have found and fixed the problem in the upcoming release. The cause is that your Windows Search service is disabled. If you want to start using TheBrain 9 now without waiting for the next release, enable the Windows Search service.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software