ratthing
Still cannot sync a brain imported from v 8.

Immediately fails with "Sync Failed: You are not authorized to sync this brain"

Log files attached.

mcaton
Ray,

There are a number of reasons that could cause this type of error message:
  • If this specific Brain was ever used/synced by another user
  • If a copy of this Brain was ever synced under another user account
  • If the Brain was downloaded as a .brainzip from another location (rather than created from scratch)
  • A previous / partially complete sync was interupted
  • If the Brain was ever delivered to TheBrain Technologies for internal testing
The list goes on from there, but in short, the server sees the identity of this Brain in another user's account.

This specific issue can be easily remedied by right clicking on the Brain when it appears in your Brain list and selecting the option to "Assign Brain New GUID..."  Once the Brain has a new GUID (ID #) you can try syncing again.  Be sure to read though the New GUID information that will pop up on the screen.

Thank you,
Matt
ratthing
It worked!  Thanks!
Brigitte
Hi Ray,

Great - thanks for the update!

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
ratthing
Damn!  Spoke too soon.

So it started to sync then failed at the end of the sync, with "Unexpected error with MergeSyncs".

When I tried it again I got the familiar "You are not authorized to sync this brain" error.

Log file attached.

zenrain
This is my exact experience when trying to sync with my database in Windows.

In OS X it never gets far enough in the sync, stopping quickly with a Unknown error. Trying to sync again (from OS X) will not result in a "not authorized message" because it never gets far enough in the sync. Only if I do a windows sync, where it gets the "Unexpected error with MergeSyncs" will it then give the unauthorized message if I try and do subsequent syncs.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
I'll inform the engineers.  Thanks for all the updates.  I believe I've posted in the past that we also had mixed results.  Some test machines synced fine - others did not.  Just with this small group of rather large Brains.  We'll continue researching and hope to have this addressed very soon.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Is anyone still getting the "Not Authorized to Sync..." message in 9.0.93?  or are you now only seeing the "Unexpected error with MergeSyncs" on subsequent syncs?

Ales - I tried this on your Beta Brain and continually only get the "Unexpected error with MergeSyncs" now.  So, not fixed (obviously) but it is a "change."

Thanks,
Matt
hwilderb
I am still getting the message "not authorized to sync".
ratthing
Same here, still getting the "not authorized..."

WIll try to change the GUID on the brain and see what happens.
zenrain
I get the error on my Main Brain. I believe it's due to the failed Merge Sync message the first time I ran the sync on my Windows machine.

However, if I change the GUID, I get the unknown error, and it doesn't give the immediate "not authorized" error.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
ratthing
No joy.

I changed the GUID on a brain, then did a successful import.  Then I went to do the sync.  It did the upload, then it "verified", then I got the MergeSyncs error.  Output log is attached.

mcaton
Thanks everyone for the feedback.  We're still investigation, but this helps to determine the source/process to replicate.

Thanks,
Matt 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software