sbunnell
Hi,
I have low vision and require using an inverse contract theme (black backgroun/white text).  With the Brain 8 I use black theme and pretty much evertyhing is easiliy readable to me.  However I just pulled down the beta and even if I try and change theme to say one of the dark defaults.  First off the text isn't readable.  In fact let me create a little video as seeing it will be easier.

Please see:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3tuhA5VmggpbF93YjZIS2M5c0U/view

Scott
Harlan
Hi Scott,

I can't seem to view the video unfortunately as it only opens a blank white page. We are very much interested in supporting your use of TheBrain 9.

• Have you tried the "Solid Black" theme? It has the white-on-black color scheme you are describing. Also you can of course create your own theme and adjust the colors exactly as you prefer. If you do create a theme that you would like to share, perhaps we could include it in a future release for other users.
  • You may also want to try changing the font via Brain Theme > Options > Font
  • Another change you may not have known about is that the scaling of the text is now done via the "AA" icon in the toolbar, 6th from the left.

In the screenshot below, I have set the "Solid Black" theme with "DIN Alternate" font and increased font size.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 8.12.33 PM.png 

Regards,
-Harlan
sbunnell
Hi Harlan,

I did try the solid black.  Part of the issue is the options at the top is white and when you are looking at the custom colors it's very hard if not impossible to see what your choosing.  The plex part is perfect it's some of the settings are not readable and hoping that the top and notes portion can also be black with white text.  Posted Video on Screencast instead:  see  http://www.screencast.com/t/IF54QiZOr2K

Thanks in Advance!

Scott
Harlan
Hi Scott,

As it turns out, you're not the only one who can't read the text in the video... It's white text on a white background and completely invisible to everyone.

It looks like TB9 is inheriting the reversed color scheme for some items (the foreground text color) but not for others. We will address this in a future build.

Just in case you have the option to use either macOS or Windows, I checked on macOS and it does work properly with inverted colors there.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Scott,

We put a lot of work into the latest version to make this work properly. Check out 9.0.130. Let us know if you run into any problems.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software