zenrain
With TheBrain 8 and below it was recommended to keep the notes size below 15KB (approx 6 pages).

Just curious, is the recommendation the same for notes in TheBrain 9?
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Harlan
I haven't done any real testing, but I suspect that TheBrain 9's notes editor will handle large documents better than TheBrain 8.

Technically there is no hard limit. However it is not intended as a tool for writing very long documents. It's suitable for writing an article, not a book.

That said, if you do notice any problems when creating longer notes, do let us know and we will see if we can address them.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Thanks for your response Harlan. I don't plan on writing a novel in notes, but I do have several ideas I wish to explore (primarily running lists that I used to break up into multiple thought notes that make more sense to keep together). I'll let you know if I run into anything.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
korm
I was curious about this, so I used a lipsum generator to create a 500 word note, put that on the clipboard, and pasted 100 times -- 50,000 words.  The paste went ok.  The spellchecker fails (actually, the spellchecker did nothing with the thing).   I clicked into the text and got beachballs (OS X 10.11) for about 2 minutes then TheBrain 9 crashed.   Sync fails, too.  

If TheBrain techs want the crash report, post an addy and I'll send it.

A similar test could be run (by someone else) without going to the 50K size to see where the failure point actually is.   
mcaton
Korm,

Thanks for the feedback on this test.  We'll replicate and review further.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software